The Learning Disability and Autism Leaders’ List 2019, run by Dimensions in partnership with Voluntary Organisations Disability Group (VODG) and Learning Disability England (LDE), is due to close nominations on 26th July.
Launched in 2018, the Learning Disability and Autism Leaders’ List is the UK’s first national list celebrating achievements of people with learning disabilities and/or autism.
The List's inaugural year saw an overwhelming response. 600 entries were made, with the winners' personal stories having been read thousands of times on the Dimensions website and in newspapers and magazines.
This year, each of the winning Leaders will be invited to a special launch event, will have their own tailored webpage on the Dimensions website and will have their stories shared with the press and media.
Dimensions is calling for entries before nominations close. The six categories include:
- Local communities – for people who are making a difference or getting involved in their local community.
- Advocacy, policy and the media – for people who are improving their communities, ensuring more people are included and everyone is respected.
- Work and education – for people who are in paid work or learning new things.
- Sports, arts and entertainment – for people who are taking part in creative or athletic activities.
- Groups and teams – for people who are working together to achieve their goals.
- Profound and multiple disabilities – for people who are overcoming profound and multiple learning disabilities to live their life how they want to.
Sally Phillips, actor and writer, says, 'The wonderful list will, once again, highlight the remarkable achievements and contributions that people with learning disabilities and autism make to their communities.
'This year’s Leaders will help change public perceptions and inspire others to dream big – reminding us that everyone can make a difference.'
Entries for the Learning Disability and Autism Leaders’ List 2019 are open to anybody with a learning disability and/or autism or people can also nominate somebody they know. Easy read forms are available to print or complete online to assist with the application process, and video submissions are also accepted. Entries will close at 6pm on 26th July 2019.