Nominations have opened for the Skills for Care Accolades 2020. The event gives social care employers an opportunity to share their work and be celebrated for outstanding care and support services.
Every one of England’s 21,300 social care providers are eligible to enter the Skills for Care Accolades 2020 online.
Previous finalists say making the final really boosts staff morale as their teams feel valued for the dedication and hard work they put day in and day out.
The Skills for Care Accolades 2020 awards categories are:
- Best employer of between 51 and 249 staff.
- Best employer of over 250 staff.
- Best individual who employs their own care and support staff.
- Best employer support for your registered manager(s).
- Most effective approach to leadership and management.
- Secrets of Success - Best retention and recruitment approaches.
- Most innovative endorsed learning provider.
- Most effective collaborative approach to integrated new models of care.
- Most effective approach to continuing professional development for the regulated workforce in social care settings.
Skills for Care Interim Chief Executive Officer, Andy Tilden said, 'All our finalists say it is an opportunity on a national stage to show off how high-quality care and support provision changes people’s lives, and it is a joyous night where we celebrate brilliant organisations who invest in their team’s learning and development.
'Social care needs to be much better at shouting from the rooftops about how good local services are, so this is a rare chance to shine on a national stage, and have a much deserved turn in the spotlight. I’ve been privileged to attend the Accolades to see for myself how it much it means for all the finalists to have national recognition for their teams.'
Employers can enter the awards on the Skills for Care website.