Stephensons is a national law firm with a team of specialist regulatory lawyers who provide expert legal advice and representation to registered care providers and managers.
Our dedicated team understands the changing and often complex regulations governing regulated services as well the damage a negative inspection report or enforcement action can have on a business and its reputation.
Stephensons has a broad range of expertise in Care Quality Commission (CQC) compliance and regulation and has a nationally recognised reputation in securing the very best results possible for our clients. Our specialists have successfully defended and represented numerous providers and managers across the health and adult social care sectors, including care homes, nursing homes, domiciliary care services, and GP practices.
Our CQC lawyers regularly advise and act for care providers and managers nationwide in relation to the following:
- Scope of registration and refusals to register
- Factual accuracy challenges to draft inspection reports
- Ratings review requests
- Criminal investigations and prosecutions
- Notices of proposal to cancel, impose or vary conditions of registration
- Appeals to the first-tier tribunal (Care Standards Chambers)
- Representation at Section 30 hearings at Magistrates Courts
- Warning notices
- Safeguarding investigations