NHS Digital has published its latest annual report on components of the staff of social services departments in England.
Personal Social Services: Staff of Social Services Departments, England 2018 includes information on the people employed by local authority adult social services as at September 2018.
It covers the 112,200 workers employed by local authorities in adult social care services in 2017, accounting for approximately 6.8% of the total adult social care workforce in England.
The report is compiled from data collected by the National Minimum Data Set for Social Care (NMDS-SC), which is managed by Skills for Care on behalf of the Department of Health and Social Care.
Information in the report includes:
- The number of local authority adult social care jobs by job role and employer type.
- Starters, leavers and vacancy rates.
- The proportion of jobs with zero hours contracts, by job role group.
- The average number of hours per week which are worked by adult social care staff within local authorities.
- Individual worker characteristics such as gender, age, ethnicity, pay and qualifications.
- Average number of sick days taken by adult social care staff in local authorities.
You can read the full report on the staff of social services departments on the NHS Digital website.